Monday, June 23, 2008

Attitude is Everything!!!

I had an interesting experience last week... I was on an airplane en route from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and met a very interesting person sitting right next to me on the airplane.  So I am on the plane and after sitting for 2 minutes, I realized I left one of my phones outside of the plane, so I thought to immediately tell the flight attendant and the person next to me that I thought I left my phone in a seat, out in the airport by check-in.  The attendant was so kind and told me to hurry, get out, and check for my phone.  The person next to me was equally as kind to watch my briefcase and I was so focused on my prized possession of a phone that I ran out looked for it and guess what?  It was not there!!!!  Well, while coming back in to enter the airplane, I realized why I actually do have two phones, TO CALL MYSELF JUST IN CASE I LOST ONE! My briefcase watcher heard my phone ring and knew that I would be back in no time, happy as a lark and en route to LA with no issue!!!!!  Sure enough, I found my phone hidden in the depths of the bottom of my briefcase and it was hiding so well, I had to call it 3 times just to find it in my briefcase!!  Some of you reading, can truly understand this potentially traumatic experience!

Okay, so after I settled in, I had brief conversation with the individual next to me and we started talking about speaking and backgrounds, shows etc.  I knew something was different about this person and it was, I was sitting next to Mr. Dannion Brinkley, and those of you who do not know of this person please look him up and read up on him.  This gentleman is one of the most interesting people whom I've ever met!!  Could it be that he has an incredible story about his life that will blow people away and based on his story he wrote a NY Times bestseller, created a show, and a movie titled Saved By the Light?  He has a another book THE SECRETS OF THE LIGHT.  

Keep in mind, this man has had two near death experiences, and as I was speaking with him and learning at the same time,  truly realized that he sees a different life than most.  He had the best ATTITUDE!!!  He spoke of his beautiful wife Kathryn and his 5 beautiful girls along with other things he spoke of.  Yet there is one very strong characteristic I picked up on and that was his "realistic optimism" as I like to call it.

He shared such insight with me, I took mental notes and felt like I was back in college taking one of the most interesting courses!  We further conversed and talked show concepts and ideas that were prize winning concepts that have compelled me to execute one of my specific goals in my life a bit more strategically.

Now, after my personal growth course on the airplane and my life lessons that will basically take me from point a to point h not just b, what surfaced is why Mr. Brinkley even bothered to talk with me at such length!!! He said it was the "real" person who showed up when she lost her phone!!!!

Something to think about!!!!!

HAPPY MONDAY TO YOU AND KEEP YOUR ATTITUDE IN CHECK, YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS WATCHING!!!
please visit and google : dannion brinkley
TL 

No comments: