Thursday, July 17, 2008

"OUCH!! THAT HURT"

Remember,  sticks and stones may break bones but names will never hurt me?

WRONG!!!

Words and language and the things that we say to each other is our communicative device.  What am I doing right now?

I am writing down my thoughts based on an assessment of my life or based on something that has happened in my life which is triggered by other words  that were handed off to me.  And... based on my experiences with other people.

So, if I am told something positive, I will think about it and I will think about it some more and then I will write about it and it then causes someone else to think and make a thing out of it.  Thoughts are truly things and things my friend, drive our behavior!!!!

This is always so fascinating to me and I am always putting this concept to use with the most silly things in my life.

When I am going somewhere and I need a parking spot, I think about how there is someone about to walk out and get into their car and free up the space that they have been reserving for me so I could park oh so conveniently. I think it (someone is reserving a spot for me), I speak it (someone is reserving a spot for me and it is waiting for me right now), and I create it.  All with thoughts...
It is quite fun actually to have the vip treatment in every parking lot I go to!! Give it a shot today.

LET ME TELL YOU WHAT IS UNFUN!!! hurtful words and hurtful thoughts, are very UNFUN.  And I highly recommend that we take a look at the words we use with others because we just may say something that will hurt someone and they may make a thing out of it and they may hurt others.

STICKS, STONES AND WORDS ALL HAVE THE SAME IMPACT IF THEY ARE USED IN A NEGATIVE WAY!!  WE HAVE ENOUGH GLOOM AND DOOM IN THE WORLD.  BE NICE AND SAY NICE THINGS!!!

Tam

No comments: